Monday, March 2, 2015

Interview: Author Elise Faber

 Meet Elise Faber



Biography:
Despite moonlighting as a zookeeper and then a dog trainer, Elise decided that the only mammals she wanted to work with were her dark and sexy heroes and heroines. She inherited her love of reading from her mother and grandmother who dutifully kept stacks of romances where her teenaged fingers could easily pilfer them. She lives in Northern California with her three dogs, two energetic (read crazy) boys, and her awesome (see prior comment) husband.Blurb of Phoenix Rising:
For Daughtry a simple brush of skin is devastating. With every touch her mind is flooded with visions of death. Then she is pursued by enemies who would force her to use those visions for their own gain. In an instant her entire world changes and instead of hiding from her life, she has to fight for the freedom to live it. But with the fight comes the opportunity to recognize her pow-er’s full potential and maybe, just maybe, a chance to find her true love.







Blurb of Dark Phoenix:
Black magic. Immoral monsters. Death. And bone-deep, soul-to-soul love with a green-eyed man hell-bent on owning every part of her heart.

Daughtry’s life changed forever when she bonded with Cody and began to control her visions. Yet as she masters her magic, those very same abilities threaten to harm the people she holds most dear.

When an opportunity arises for her to fix a past wrong, does she dare risk using her magic in order to set things right again?

A soul sweeping darkness is lurking at the Colony, making the choice for her and threatening the world she’s built for herself. But Daughtry soon discovers that if she’s to have the future and love she’s always wanted, she must fight for it.







Buy links:

Dark Phoenix:
Amazon: https://amzn.com/B00TINBB7G
B&N: http://bit.ly/1zW1WhJ
iBooks: http://bit.ly/16yGUZc
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1E4av7M
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1Igm3ez
Good Reads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24223348-dark-phoenix



Phoenix Rising:



Phoenix Rising Teasers:



Dark Phoenix Teasers:






Social Media links:






http://open.spotify.com/…/1…/playlist/4GCKxfrg5JPses6xwOR2wa (Phoenix Rising, Phoenix #1, playlist)
https://play.spotify.com/…/12150839362/playlist/199AVnf09Os… (Dark Phoenix, Phoenix #2, playlist)

Interview:
1.   What inspires your writing?  Life. A funny interaction with my kids, a news story, dreams. But usually an idea just pops into my head from nowhere. I think, “Wouldn’t it be cool if I had a heroine who could…” and go from there.

2.   Have you always wanted to be an author?  Definitely, writing has always been a huge part of my life, but for awhile I didn’t think it would be anything other than my dirty little secret. My husband gave me the big push to put my stuff out there. I don’t think I would have been published if not for him.

3.   Who are your favorite authors?  Jane Austen, Richelle Mead, Sabrina Jeffries, Kelley Armstronh

4.   What would you say to someone who is just starting out as a writer?  To write. Write every day. It’s a muscle you have to condition and if you can’t be published if you never finish anything.

5.   Do you ever put any part of yourself in you characters?  I think different pieces of me are in different characters and I definitely learn something new about myself for every character I write. It’s like therapy, but free.

6.   How old where you when your first book was published? 30

7.   How many books have you written? What are their titles?  5 - Phoenix Rising, Dark Phoenix, From Ashes, Fall of the Phoenix, Sands of Time

8.   Do you have any more books coming out? What are their titles?  From Ashes, Fall of the Phoenix, and Sands of Times are all scheduled to come out this year.

9.   What do you hope readers take from your books?  I hope they see a strong protagonist who can overcome overwhelming odds. I hope it gives them strength in their own lives.

10. What do you do to get ready to write?  I turn on my music and go!

11. Do you ever get writers block? What helps you get past it?  If I get stuck I try to envision how the scene will end and work backwards. But usually a short break or taking an hour to work on another project will clear my mind enough that I’m able to work through it.

12. What is your favorite type of book to read? Does that type influence your books?  I read pretty much anything. If I can relate with the characters, whether it be romance or mystery or thriller, I’ll read it.

Tell us about your new novella/novel: 
My most recent release is Dark Phoenix, the second in my Phoenix series. It follows Daughtry as she struggles to uncover a series of mysterious regarding her past, her people — the Rengalla — and the man she loves. It has mystery, suspense and romance and plenty of heat!

Fun Facts:
1. Favorite food: Chocolate, followed a close second by pizza 
2. Favorite color: Purple! (Look at my covers and you’ll see how much!)
3. Favorite sweet treat: Any chocolate or ice cream or heck, both together
4. Favorite mixed drink: Mai Tai
5. Favorite thing to shop for: Books!
6. Lucky number: 8
7. Favorite book: Oh goodness, so many to chose from. But I can reread Pride and Prejudice over and over again
8. Favorite movie: Love Actually
9. Favorite song: Changes depending on my mood, might now Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars
10. Favorite sport: Ice Hockey

What is something everyone should know about you?  I play ice hockey, am a total Diet Coke, Dancing with the Stars and Star Wars addict. I may be a writer now, but first and foremost I am an avid reader. I love anything from thriller to romance to sci-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment