Monday, April 6, 2015

Interview: Author E.A. Stripling

Meet E.A. Stripling
Biography:
E.A Stripling is a novelist, screenwriter and inspiring actress who lives in sunny Florida with her husband and two children. She is the author of the Internal Conflict Series.  A steamy romance novel that is currently getting rave reviews on Amazon.  In addition she also is the author of a blog under the name “My2centsblogger”. The blog promotes giving her opinion on products in hopes to save your two cents and time on unfavorable items.  The blog also includes interviews with musicians and authors as well as recipes.  


Buy Links:
Amazon Kindle edition- http://www.amazon.com/Internal-Conflict-E-Stripling-ebook/dp/B00QR1BEM4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1426296906&sr=1-1&keywords=internal+conflict

Interview:
1.   What inspires your writing?
I often reference things I have experienced in my own life as well as dreams I may have. It really depends on what I am writing at the time. Sometime I will be sitting somewhere not really thinking of anything unparticular and all the sudden I have an idea. I am always saying that I have more ideas then time to get it all down. I couldn’t tell you how many first chapters and outlines I have done.

2.   Have you always wanted to be an author?
Writing has always been a part of my life ever since a very young age. I started off writing poems and lyrics then slowly moved to writing novels and screenplays. I have always been very to myself with my writing never thinking to let anyone read my work. However as I got older I knew this was something I really wanted to do with my life and start to slowly allow people to read my work.

3.   Who are your favorite authors?
Peter Benchley, Stephen King, Ann Rice, RL Stine, Alvin Schwartz to name a few. Along with writing I love to read.

4.   What would you say to someone who is just starting out as a writer?
Keep writing! No matter what people say or how you feel just keep writing and believe in your work.

5.   Do you ever put any part of yourself in you characters?
I usually do not however in my debut novel “Internal Conflict” I did put a little of my personality into one of the character. People that know me personally are still trying to guess who and all I can say it….it’s not who you would expect. 

6.   How old where you when your first book was published?
I just released my first self-published book this past December. It is still a dream of mine to be published by one of the larger publishing houses.

7.   How many books have you written? What are their titles?
I have written numerous but only released Internal Conflict as of yet, but there are many  to come.

8.   Do you have any more books coming out? What are their titles?
Internal Conflict is part of a 3 book series so those will be coming out soon. Other than that the list of projects I have is endless and I plan to continue to release them until I have nothing else to write about, which will never happen!

9.   What do you hope readers take from your books?
Entertainment, when I read it’s for enjoyment and as an escape. So I hope it is just that for my reads. They take a break from their busy life and meet these wonderful characters in some interesting situations. Currently there is a team vs team thing going on with Internal Conflict so it has been really exciting to see people fall in love with my characters.

10. What do you do to get ready to write?
Honestly not much, sometimes I will fix myself something to drink (usually coffee) and just write until I can to write anymore. I never force it. When the ideas stop it stop and come back to it. So sometimes I am writing for an hour or all day but I will say I write every day. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t. I wake up thinking about my writing (and family) and go to sleep thinking of the same thing.

11. Do you ever get writers block? What helps you get past it?
I don’t usually get writers block however recently I have. I have finished book 2 in the Internal Conflict series however I find myself stuck on book 3. I have the original outline done with everything I want to happen in it and then I have a few others I have thought up after reading feedback and emails from readers. I am so worried about upsetting or disappointing someone that I am just stuck. However at the end of the day I am sure I will go with my original outline. As for how I am trying to get past it, I have stopped writing and just trying to clear my head. I started working on some other projects but I always come back to it.

12. What is your favorite type of book to read? Does that type influence your books?
The type of books I read vary on the mood I am in but I do find myself reading more horror and romance novels. I don’t think it influences the books I write because when I write and when I read are two very different experiences for me.

Tell us about your new novella/novel:
Internal Conflict is based off of  early twenty something protagonist Olivia  Moore, a heart broken department store buyer, that is trying to find herself again after losing the love of her life.

Also dealing with loves loss, her roommate, Natalie drags Olivia bar to bar against her will trying to convince her that the cure for a broken heart is random hookups with the local bar hunks. As it usually goes love pops up where you least expect it and Olivia is faced with quick witted Victor Montgomery. However due to some poorly choice words on Victors part Olivia writes him off as another jerk.

Although Olivia continues to push Victor away he uses his sense of humor and bold sexual advances to finally get Olivia. Fueled by the intensity of their physical relationship and determination to finally get over her ex Olivia starts to learn how to let someone in. That is until a ghost from her past reappears. Now Olivia is stuck somewhere between her past, present and trying to find herself apart from being in love




Fun Facts:
1.   Favorite food: I don’t think I have a favorite food, I try to try something new at least once a month and I am always changing what I eat
2.   Favorite color: Red
3.   Favorite sweet treat: Anything with chocolate, especially dark chocolate
4.   Favorite mixed drink: Midori Sour, when I do drink which is extremely rare
5.   Favorite thing to shop for: Stationery, containers and clothes
6.   Lucky number: 265
7.   Favorite book:  I honestly cannot pick one!
8.   Favorite movie:  Jaws and Nightmare Before Christmas
9.   Favorite song: Pearl Jam - Black 
10. Favorite sport: MMA fighting

What is something everyone should know about you?
I drink my coffee black with Splenda…. Ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment