Sunday, November 6, 2016

Interview: Author Heidi Mason



Goodnight, Sweetheart Blurb:

After fighting to be together in Investigating the Heart, Liam and Emma O’Reilly are ready to settle down and begin married life. They have careers they love, three wonderful daughters, and a new baby on the way. On the surface, their world appears picture-perfect. It doesn’t take long for Emma to realize that things are never what they seem, and Fate seems to have a plan of its own. Can Emma find the strength to protect her happily ever after, or will it be stolen from her by forces beyond her control?

Book Covers:

  

Author Links:


Heidi Mason's Interview:
 
 1.     What inspires your writing? I’m inspired by life. I’m a people watcher, and I love to listen to conversations. I’m happy to be an observer, rather than a joiner. I think this makes me a good storyteller.

2.      Have you always wanted to be an author? I have wanted to be an author for as long as I can remember. I feel truly blessed that I’m able to do what I’ve always dreamed of.

3.      My favorite authors are Jodi Picoult, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks, and L.M. Montgomery.

4.       What would you say to someone who is just starting out as a writer? I would say that if writing is your passion, you shouldn’t ever give up. I’ve found that authors need to have thick skin, because it’s just a fact of life that not everyone is going to love your work. However, if it’s truly what you love to do, you should write for the readers who do enjoy it.

5.       Do you ever put any part of yourself in you characters? I think every character has a piece of me. I don’t know how I could write a character that doesn’t have a part of me in there somewhere.

6.       How old where you when your first book was published? Well, I won’t tell you how old I was, but it was just last year.  

7.       How many books have you written? What are their titles? My debut novel was released in September of 2015, and is entitled Investigating the Heart. The sequel was released on October 21, 2016, and is Goodnight, Sweetheart. I have a stand-alone book coming out the end of November 2016, and the title is Always Hope.

8.       Do you have any more books coming out? What are their titles? Always Hope will be released in November of 2016.

9.       What do you hope readers take from your books? I hope that readers can escape from everyday life for a while and lose themselves in the worlds I’ve created. I hope the take-away is the idea that I really believe that love conquers all. If I can accomplish these things, I’ve succeeded.

10.   What do you do to get ready to write? I don’t have any rituals or traditions. I just sit down and start typing.

11.   Do you ever get writers block? What helps you get past it? I don’t necessarily get writer’s block. My theory is that if I just sit down and start, the words will come. They might not be the best words, or even the words that I keep, but the words will come just the same. I can always edit bad writing, but I can’t edit something that doesn’t exist. I’m a busy mom of three who home schools and writes. I don’t have the luxury of writer’s block. 

12.   What is your favorite type of book to read? Does that type influence your books? I love reading historical fiction. Romance set in the medieval period is my absolute favorite, as well as anything Celtic. I think I’m influenced by good writing, no matter the genre. I believe you can always learn something new.

Tell us about your new novella/novel     My newest book, Goodnight, Sweetheart is the sequel to Investigating the Heart, an second in the Follow Your Heart series. It is romantic suspense, and follows the always-eventful life of Emma and Liam O’Reilly.

Fun Facts!
1.   Favorite food   Sushi
2.   Favorite color  Black
3.   Favorite sweet treat  No-Bake Cookies, or Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts
4.   Favorite mixed drink   Alcohol doesn’t agree with me
5.   Favorite thing to shop for  Purses
6.   Lucky number   I’m not sure I have one? 40?
7.   Favorite book   Anne of Green Gables
8.   Favorite movie  Gone With The Wind
9.   Favorite song    Landslide
10. Favorite sport   Shopping? Isn’t that a sport?

What is something everyone should know about you?  I’m extremely introverted and socially awkward, and at any given time, I have the uncanny ability to find anything at all in my house. (Just ask my husband and kids, who can never seem to find anything!) I guess that’s two things. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment