Sunday, November 20, 2016

Interview: Author Sharon Johnson

‘The Chat Room’
Love is like a force of nature…
You can’t stop it or control it...
It’s a roller coaster that thrills…

When it comes to love, who would you choose?
DJ, the man you met online who’s raising a young son, after his wife’s tragic death three years earlier? A man who you’ve never met, but feel a profound connection to? A man whose words have burrowed themselves into your heart and your mind? The man who left without a word and broke your heart? The man who’s come back ready to claim your heart?
OR
Matt, the boy you knew and dated growing up and rediscovered again on a trip home to see your family? A man you who makes you feel desired, happy and fulfills you in ways you never thought possible? The man who wants to unselfishly give you everything? The man who could help heal your broken heart?

                                          Sharon Johnson Author-Poet © 2016




‘His Second Chance Love’
He was a man who thought he'd found the love of his life, only to be left devastated when she chooses someone else. Not ready to take a chance on love again, but finally ready to move on after months of just existing; he unexpectedly meets a woman during a business trip to Toronto. She immediately captivates him and there's an instant attraction between them. They begin a long-distance romance and for the first time since his heartbreak, he thinks he's found happiness again.

Another woman he's never given much thought to, other than being the annoying little sister of the woman who broke his heart, enters his life in an unexpected way. Soon after, they become friends through a series of unforeseen events and start spending more time together.
One traumatic event may change everything he thought he knew about love and what he thought he wanted. Soon, he starts to fall for both women in very different ways. Follow him on his journey of love and forgiveness as he makes the choice of a lifetime, when he discovers, his second chance love. This is a standalone novel, no cliffhangers and a fairytale ending that will stay with you long after the book is over.

Sharon Johnson Author-Poet © 2016

 


‘Poetry of The Heart’
Poetry of the Heart, is a collection of short stories like nothing else you've ever read. From the first moment until the last, each one will leave you smiling and cheering, but most of all, thrilled that you took the time to read each one. Remember, life may not be perfect, but moments can be.

Sharon Johnson Author-Poet © 2016






‘The Eclectic Poet & Friends’
This is a collection of various poems ranging from, Love, Hope, Joy, Deception, thought provoking, and Erotica.

Featuring seven masterful guest poets;
Elias Raven - Author Poet
Suzzana C Ryan - Author Poet
Cary Gregory - Author Poet
Deanna Powers - Poet
T Lee Hunt - Author Poet
Ryan Baird - Poet
Mark D Davis - Author Poet

May our words always excite, delight and ignite the flame of imagination within all of you.
 
Sharon Johnson Author-Poet © 2016







‘Eclectic Poet My Voice’
The “Eclectic Poet My Voice,” was written over the past several months. Although I’ve written poetry all my life, this is the year, when I finally found my poetic voice and uniquely expressive style. Within this very special collection of poetry, are words that will touch your heart, make you think, as well as dream again and know, that even in life’s saddest moments, no one is ever really alone. May my words, excite…delight and inspire the imagination within all of you.

Sharon Johnson Author-Poet © 2016









Sharon Johnson
Bio:
I’ve writing since I was 6 years old. I only had one dream, to become an author. Year after year the book never came, until the summer of 2013, when a two to three-page idea max, kept growing. Soon after, it became clear that my characters had much more to say and their story was far from over. And that's how 'The Chat Room' was born. Eighteen months and a lifetime later, my dream finally became a reality in August 2015.



I started an event, along with my good friend and PA Julie Beckford, called 'The Coffee House Live Write' It’s held the f not seen until the time the story begins. It’s the first Saturday of every month. Authors write a story in pairs, to a picture prompt not seen until their hour begins, while an audience looks on. It gives fans a chance to discover new authors. More details are on my Facebook Author page. Our next Live Write is on Saturday December 3rd. We’ll be celebrating our one-year anniversary in January. I hope you’ll come see what all the fuss is about.

I’ll also be doing a book signing on May 20th, 2017 from 1-5 pm in New Orleans, at the Hilton Hotel


Teasers: 




Links - Social Media and Buy Links:
You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter:

These are my Amazon buy links:
The Chat Room
Amazon US:
http://amzn.to/2aHGNka
Amazon CA:
http://amzn.to/2aMGnKQ...
Amazon UK:
http://amzn.to/2aXsXaP
Amazon AU:
http://amzn.to/2aYmzjB

His Second Chance Love
Amazon US:
http://amzn.to/2aHGshd
Amazon CA:
http://amzn.to/2ai9MHh
Amazon UK:
http://amzn.to/2aHM63a
Amazon AU:
http://amzn.to/2aIMQ7O

The Eclectic Poet & Friends – Volume 1
Amazon US:
http://amzn.to/2aHMheA
Amazon CA:
http://amzn.to/2aOKx1C
Amazon UK:
http://amzn.to/2apu1CM
Amazon AU:
http://amzn.to/2aIM0s2

Poetry of the Heart
Amazon US:
http://amzn.to/2apo0px
Amazon CA:
http://amzn.to/2aM90rd
Amazon UK:
http://amzn.to/2amCXLd Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2aNwHMO

Eclectic Poet My Friend


 Interview:


1. What inspires your writing?

I’ve been writing since I was six years old, after one of my grade school teachers taught us about poetry. After that, I was hooked and I’ve been writing ever since. Everything inspires me.

2.   Have you always wanted to be an author?

I always knew I wanted to be a writer, but it wasn’t until I hit my mid-twenties that I knew one way or the other, I wanted to become a published author.

3.   Who are your favorite authors?
I love Alessandra Torre, Ella James, Debra Bladon, Georgia Le Carre, JS Cooper, Elias Raven, as well as too many others to name.

4.   What would you say to someone who is just starting out as a writer?

I’d tell them never to give up. No matter how good you write, there’s a lot of hard work getting the word out to readers about your book (s) You’re only one person, event, book signing, contact or new fan away from becoming discovered. No one can make your dream happen, but you. They’ll be giving up a lot of their free time to write their book and spending a lot of time doing author take-overs, networking with other authors, bloggers and fans, as well as so much more than I can list here. The way I see it, if they’re willing to walk away from their dream or goal of becoming an author, then I guess they weren’t really serious about it in the first place.

5.   Do you ever put any part of yourself in your characters?

Yes, I think most writers do. I’m sarcastic and feisty by nature and I’ve always thought out of the box. I write character people feel like they might either hear about or might know from everyday life. When my characters are talking, I write the actual conversation I’d be having if it were me.  

6.   How old where you when your first book was published? It took me 48 years and I was 54 last year when it happened. So, when I say never give up, I know what I’m talking about.   

7. How many books have you written? What are their titles?

I’ve written five so far

‘The Chat Room’
‘His Second Chance Love’
‘Poetry of The Heart’
‘The Eclectic Poet & Friends’
‘Eclectic Poet My Voice’

8.   Do you have any more books coming out? What are their titles?

I’m planning to write the prequel to Chat called, ‘DJ’s Blogs A Love Story’ I’m also a poet and I have several individual and anthology books that I’m working on. I do write poetry everyday as well.  

9.   What do you hope readers take from your books?

My two novels are categorized as romance, but they’re so much more. They’re love stories, not your typical formulaic romance. My characters are relatable. There are no bad guys or cheesy lines, you often see in some of the current books on the market. There are two men who get perfect woman for them. My books will make you laugh, cry, sigh, make your panties wet and in the end, leave you cheering.
The poetry I write has changed quite a bit over the last couple years. It’s very distinct and unique to me. And when people read it, there’s no doubt who wrote it. I hope some of the fans of your blog, will stop by to my author page and check it out.  

10. What do you do to get ready to write?

I dress in comfy clothes, find a comfortable spot, turn on my laptop (I stopped watching TV about 20 months ago, after I finished my first novel. Since I write all the time, it’s just too distracting. I always have my bottled water and gum with me and then I’m ready to go. 

11. Do you ever get writers block? What helps you get past it?

I’ve had writer’s block, fortunately, not for long. Maybe a few hours or a day. I think because I write both books and poetry, that makes a huge difference. Whereas when you’re writing one story at a time, you’re typically writing scenes for that one idea. But with poetry, inspiration can come from a conversation, a smell, a feeling, a movie, people you know, waking up, going to sleep or sex. Most poets, have lots of muses and they’re typically the ones in control of where the words lead us. Another thing I do that helps, is that I constantly edit my chapters, as well as my poetry. By doing that, it reminds me of the direction I might wanna take my words next.

12. What is your favorite type of book to read? Does that type influence your books?

I love romances, erotica, biographies and of course poetry.

Tell us about your new novella/novel

I’m currently co-authoring a book called ‘Letters Away’ a love story, with my good friend Elias Raven, author of ‘The Painted Shadows’ and ‘Cain Sins of the Father’ as well as, ‘Cain Rage of Angels (the second in the series) which was released on October 25th

It’s a love story set in the early 1950s, during a more innocent time in our nation’s history. High school sweethearts Jacob and Belle, are separated when Jacob is drafted into the Korean war right after they graduate in the summer of 1951. We follow their incredible journey. as we watch them fall even more in love, through a series of beautiful love letters they write back and forth throughout the book. It should be out in the next one to two weeks.
There’s some amazing videos that follow along with our story on my author page for anyone that would like to watch them.

Fun Facts!
1.   Favorite food…Pizza
2.   Favorite color…Turquoise
3.   Favorite sweet treat…Cookies and cream shake from Chick-Fil-A
4.   Favorite mixed drink…I don’t drink
5.   Favorite thing to shop for…Books
6.   Lucky number…Thirteen
7.   Favorite book…Black Lies by: Alessandra Torre
8.   Favorite movie…You’ve Got Mail or Phantom of The Opera
9.   Favorite song…Too many to name. I love a very eclectic mix.
10. Favorite sport…NFL Football (It’s the one thing I watch during the season, even when I’m writing)

What is something everyone should know about you?
Hmmm…I’m not what you might consider a traditional romance author. If you were to meet me, I’d most like be wearing, sweats or jeans and bare feet when possible. I’m funny, sarcastic, I’m much more contemplative that many realize and my faith as a Christian, is very important to me. I’m very flawed and imperfect like everyone else, but at the end of the day, I’m a woman of faith. Oh, and one more thing. Like I mentioned before, I love football. We’re talking stats, players, games, scores and Super bowls. And my team is the Dallas Cowboys. (She said very proudly) lol

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Paperback Junkie Book Review for spotlighting Sharon Johnson.

    ReplyDelete