Monday, February 16, 2015

Interview: Author Chrissy Snyder

Biography: 
Chrissy Snyder writes New Adult erotic romance. She loves tattooed bad boys and misunderstood women with happily ever after endings. She divides her time between writing and reading when she’s not loving on her very jealous fur-baby, Mylo. 

If she isn’t writing about heartache or second chances, then she is managing her busy household with her very supportive hubby and two teens. 

She dreams of traveling to Europe, Costa Rica and Hawaii. 


The Cover




Synopsis: 
Twirl me around and watch me spin, a modern day princess lives within…..

Charisa has a perfect life. Just like her favored Princesses, she is living the life every girl dreams of for her very own fairytale, but even the sweetest fairy-tales must come to an end. 

When happiness is at its peak, fate steps in and one by one she loses everything.

Picking up the pieces to a broken life can be long and bumpy. Most often than not things get worse before they get better. 

Despite her despair and the hell she’s been through time and time again, she finds love and begins to plan a future as none other than Mrs. Prince Charming. 

Convinced she’s going to finally get her happily ever after; fate steps in once again and she suffers betrayal and shame of the greatest degree. 

Will she give the idea of love a second chance and find her one and only or will her dark secrets prevent her from truly finding herself? 

Behind every prince is a story left untold. 

Look behind the mask and you’ll see it unfold. 

Sawyer has lived a charmed life. He’s the catch every girl is after when dreaming of her very own storybook ending. In real life though, nothing is like it is in a fairytale. One childhood event can forever affect how a man looks at love and relationships, even a golden guy like Sawyer. 

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, isn’t that what everyone has always taught in history class? He doesn’t have time for love or commitment. Even the most skeptical with love can sometimes find it in the strangest of places, when that one special someone catches his eye, suddenly leaving him dazed and confused. 

The only way to reap the benefits of true love is to put your unknown demons behind and give love a shot. 

When secrets start to emerge will the two beat the odds or part ways and let it destroy them both? 


Teasers




Social Media Links: 
Twitter: @AuthorCSnyder 
Tsu: @ChrissySnyder 

Interview: 
1. What inspires your writing? I see inspiration everywhere. Music, Art, quotes, people watching. Pretty much anything. Sometimes the smallest thing can create the biggest idea in my mind and then grow from there. 

2. Have you always wanted to be an author? I’ve always loved writing and have ongoing stories in my head all the time. When I was younger, I didn’t have the confidence to pursue my passion.

3. Who are your favorite authors? Wow, I’ve got so many: Lexi Blake, Jamie McGuire, Charisse Spiers, Chelle Bliss, Victoria Ashley, and Melanie Walker 

4. What would you say to someone who is just starting out as a writer? Write what you feel. Write what NEEDS to come out of you. Those make the best reads. 

5. Do you ever put any part of yourself in you characters? I think every author out there puts a piece of themselves into their books. Maybe not a 100% duplicate – but a bit. 

6. How old where you when your first book was published? I’ll be 44 when my first book is published. 

7. How many books have you written? What are their titles? Accepting Cherry is my debut novel. 

8. Do you have any more books coming out? What are their titles? I do. I’m working on a series based on three brothers. They will be written as standalones, but it would make more sense to read them in order. The titles are (tentative and subject to change): Recovered Love, Runaway Love and Hopeless Love 

9. What do you hope readers take from your books? I hope readers really enjoy the story. I hope that my descriptions are rich enough so that they feel as if it were THEM I was writing about – as if they were “living” the book. 

10. What do you do to get ready to write? I don’t have any specific set of things I do to get ready. I do get my laptop out, my notebook and the current outline of my book is always beside me. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with all the characters and their names so the outline is my lifesaver! I try to start writing as early in the day as possible. I wear ear buds and listen to music. I usually have a playlist dedicated to each book, but I also have certain songs that I might play on repeat for a particular scene. I find music pulls out emotion – which translates onto paper for me. 

11. Do you ever get writers block? What helps you get past it? I’ve been lucky so far in that I’ve never experienced a full writer’s block. There have been days it’s not flowing as well as I’d like. On those days I usually open up a blank document on word, put some music on, put my ear buds in and close my eyes. Then I just type. It usually starts out as nonsense, just emptying my brain out – and then somewhere along the way another idea is germinated. 

12. What is your favorite type of book to read? Does that type influence your books? I like to read Romance, Erotic romance, NA Contemporary, Mystery – a wide variety. Yes, the type of books I like to read does indeed influence the stories I want to bring to people. 

Fun Facts! 
1. Favorite food: Pasta 
2. Favorite color: Blue 
3. Favorite sweet treat: Chai Latte 
4. Favorite mixed drink: Rye and coke 
5. Favorite thing to shop for: clothes or jewelry or gifts for others
6. Lucky number: 7 
7. Favorite book: The Fight – by Charisse Spiers 
8. Favorite movie: The Bourne series 
9. Favorite song: Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran 
10. Favorite sport: hockey 

What is something everyone should know about you? 
I’m super goofy

No comments:

Post a Comment